Friday, February 6, 2009

what do YOU consider FASHION?!

PATRIK RZEPSKI

Today, everyone wants to be involved or associated with the fashion industry. Some are interested in just labels, luxury brands. And others are interested in construction, execution, creativity. Personally, I have gone through my "label whore" stage where it was all about only the most expensive garment and whom it was by. It was necessary to only be caught in the latest from a label in my favorite song or video. Now don't get me wrong, the Gucci's and Vuitton's rock my fashion world, but the label no longer dictates to me "what fashion is". Neither does the so called fashion bibles that grace the newsstands. I let my own taste dictate to me what I consider fashion. I look at labels so I can only reference designers. Fashion is in our faces all day. Everyone you see went out to purchase the items you see them in. And the look they put together for the day is how they are feeling, how they wanted to express themselves...fashion. I love the lines where they take risks and try new things. Where designers are not following the trends, they are creating them and pushing the fashion envelope by playing around with different textile, silhouettes. Lines such as Archives, Brze, Patrik Rzepski, Elise Overland, Erin Fetherson and tons more! So let your mind set you free and determine what YOU CONSIDER FASHION! Don't be afraid to take risks and go against the grain. Eventually, all of the others will catch up and you will be on to something new and exclusive by then!
peace!
ELISE OVERLAND

ELISE OVERLAND



ERIN FETHERSTON



ERIN FETHERSTON







No comments:

Post a Comment