Monday, January 26, 2009

Crazy Day!

After another sleepless night in the office, a crazy Monday is always a follower. Today was filled with alot of interesting details. I had a fitting today at 10:30am with the lovely designer/pattern maker/technical master Laura Seymour.

Blurb: I will do a post about this awesome lady very soon! So stay tuned.

We fit 3 of the 4 remaining styles that will complete the technical process of my 12 pc collection due to launch this A/W 2009 Fashion Week season.

Blurb: We has a team collectively decided not to show during that week (February 13-20th), because as a new collection that no one knows or heard of and the fact that millions don't grow on trees we will not be recognized standing next to the Marc Jacobs, Calvin Kleins, DVF's, Zac Posens of the industry.

(continued) We had a few technical difficulties because the sample room that I'm using is a little slow..mentally and the dresses are not fitting correctly. In this case, getting muslin's sewn up to avoid extra cost and quickly moving forward to SMS(salesman samples) was not a good idea. Now I will have to get protos mocked up of all the dresses, including trims and lining. I'm not complaining, just explaining..lol:) This is where my exceptional problem solving comes into play. FUN TIMES!!
Photobucket
Ty hard at work preparing for "Colorful Conversations" and "Fashion Fights Cancer" events. The world of PR, Marketing and Sales! What a job he has..hehehe.:)

After fitting, I prepped my great interns!! Thank God for INTERNS!!! They are so helpful!
Vanessa was God sent from AIU in Tribeca. She runs majority of my errands and she is handy around the office. Ms. Cruz has no "ego problem," like some interns..hint, hint..FIT, Parson students. She very humble and willing to do anything if you teach her. I have her work on novelty dresses for the "Fashion Fights Cancer" charity event campaign.

Check out a photo of her hard at work!
Photobucket

Time fly when you're busy. Around noon I finished up with my emails and I started updating and sending jewelry technical packages to my freelance client Antonia-Marie (designer for Ntice Clothing) http://www.nticeclothing.com/. Now, she is an Asian sweet pumpkin pie! I will have to do a post about her life and her many brands. She's a very interesting girl residing in New Jersey. She's showing her debut collection of gold-plated urban hipster jewelry at MAGIC on February 16th. So she's in a bind because the jewelry company is a little flaky. TROUBLE-SHOOTING
I have faith that she will pull it off with style.

Around 3pm, Vanessa and I ran over to 8th ave to meet with Mike @ Berenstein Fabrics to order sample yardage for the collection...can I say EXPENSIVE!!! Damn, let me bust it down in twenties.lol:) Ran back to the office for a meeting with Mack Dugan. Dugan is creating a couple of patterns for the collection.

The day is winding down now, so this my time to rest my eyes and start on yet another project. It never ends for me guys, but I wouldn't accept it no other way!
Photobucket

-Wonder Child

No comments:

Post a Comment